Prompt for blog 5-
What (interest) or Who (person) Inspires You?
For this week’s prompt, the Blog Council wants you to examine how this class relates to your own interests. So, please write about how this class relates to some of your own intellectual or other learning interests. We are NOT interested in how it relates to a specific career goal.
Your post must contain:
- Specific discussion of your what (interests) or who (person)
- How your what or who relates to the class
- Include some kind of image or multi-media. These make your posts better. Make sure your media is
- Sourced (either in the text, naturally, or at the end)
- Support for adding media to wordpress.
What? For example, Derek comes to the class with an interest in social psychology. He would write about how that interest intersects with some of the ideas or cases we have looked at. Jordi is interested in social innovation and entrepreneurship. So, he might write about that interest, explain what it is, and how it reflects a whole new set of values that are shaping the business-society interface.
If this prompt does not click for you, here is plan b.
Please find one of the interesting, notable, or inspiring people on the following lists of “people to watch.” What about their story speaks to you in the context of BGS themes and topics?
Creatives: “100 Creative People in Business” also from Fast Company.
Geniuses:2011 MacArthur Fellows– people who are granted $1,000,000 each for being brilliant in their chosen field. These are the so-called “genius” awards. You can pick any year.
Visionaries:People who are doing on the ground work to make real, meaningful social change who have met the Ashoka Foundation’s rigorous criteria for social entrepreneurship. You can search by many criteria- geography, kind of work, year elected and so on.
Millenials: The 2011 “Do Something” award winners and finalists (focused on community service and social change)
- President Obama Proclaims November 19th National Entrepreneurs’ Day During Global Entrepreneurship Week (kauffman.org)
- Generation Do Something (indiginous.wordpress.com)
- Social change, not the real stuff (dcemerson.wordpress.com)